The problem with being a product knitter
I hate ripping back my work. Hate it. I live with big-ish mistakes far more often than I fix them.*
So, it’s Thanksgiving break and everything. And so I’m all trying really, really hard to get my two remaining sleeves on the Aran Wrap Cardigan to a point where they can be knit, rather mindlessly once school and chaos starts again.
With Kalani‘s input, I decided to knit the sleeve caps mostly as directed. I say mostly because I figured out that what was really, really bugging me most about the sleeves, was the elongated seed stitch triangle on the front of the sleeve (the decreases of which, we figured, was what pulled the sleeve cap to the correct location.
I decided to place 75% of the sleeve decreases in the front panel until the point where the triangle disappears (and then put the rest in the back seed stitch panel). This way, the triangle is shortened. I’m not even that sure if I like it right now. But I’m pretty sure I do.
Hello. Please, don’t mind the self-boob-grabbing.
See? Small triangle of seed stitch.
Here’s what the back looks like:
Please ignore the bump created by the bunching of my short sleeve.
Anyway… so I’m liking this, I’m pretty sure.
And today, I spent most of the day working on the other sleeve. I wanted to get the short-rowing and decreasing out the way while the first sleeve was still fresh in my mind. So… I got to work.
And I decided not to let myself try it on for as long as I could stand: it would be like a reward once I finished the decreasing. The Two Towers was on TV (it’s perfect for knitting-backdrop) and I just kept right on knitting.
Finally, as my hands started to cramp, I went to try on the sweater. Curses.
I did all of my decreases on the wrong seed stitch panel.
Luckily, I only really have to frog back to the beginning of the decreases. Not the whole sleeve/sleeve cap shaping. Still. WAY more ripping back than I ever wanted to do with this sweater. And I just want this beast to be DONE.
*A big mistake I’m living with: The first two times I cabled the huge cable pattern in this sweater… I messed up the crossings. Rather than fix it, I’ve been crossing those cables differently each time.